Standing Up For Your Rights In Domestic Violence Cases
Domestic violence in Statesville and elsewhere in Pennsylvania is taken very seriously. In fact, several separate criminal charges can apply in domestic violence cases.
Topinka Law provides representation for both victims and defendants in these cases. We know how abuse and allegations of abuse affect families. We care about the safety of you and your children and what happens to your family going forward.
What Protections Are Available For Victims Of Abuse?
Your safety and your family’s safety is our concern. Topinka Law can assist victims of domestic abuse in several ways, including:
- Applying for Protection From Abuse (PFA) orders for yourself and your children.
- Assisting client in privacy and safety efforts such as joining the Address Confidentiality Program (ACP). This allows victims to have an address such as a P.O. Box rather than using their actual physical address for receiving mail.
- Modifying child custody orders and alimony or spousal support orders, if applicable.
Attorney Barbara Topinka provides diligent representation from the beginning of the legal process to final hearing. She can help protect your rights and resolve your family law issues.
Do You Need Defense For Allegations Of Abuse?
Our firm can assist with your defense against domestic violence accusations. Some of the defense strategies we use include:
- Filing motion for wrongfully named as a defendant — This plan can sometimes be a strategic legal advantage when filed.
- Arguing far-reaching consequences — This defense is often used when child custody and divorce matters are involved.
- Aggressive, diligent defense counsel — Whatever your circumstance for the domestic violence charges, your best defense strategy is to hire an experienced PFA attorney.